Spice up your ordinary rice Krispie treats by adding one extra ingredient; white chocolate chips! Rice Krispie treats are an all time American favorite. Rice Krispie treats were invented in 1939 by Mildred Day and the staff at the Kellogg Company.
If you don’t have fresh marshmallows you can substitute them with one jar of marshmallow cream if you have that in your cupboard.
4 tablespoons Butter
5 cups Marshmallows
2 cups White Chocolate Chips
6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter.
- Once butter is melted add the marshmallows and melt.
- Stir in the white chocolate chip don’t completely melt them.
- Add the rice Krispies and stir till all coated.
- Quickly transfer into either a buttered, or parchment paper lined 13×9 pan.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.