This is one of my grandma’s favorite things to eat. My mom and I went over to her house to make them for her and she decided to be part of the process and help. It was a challenge having all three of us in the kitchen, but we made it work.
When making pigs in a blanket, most people think to use beef for the meat. We decided to use Turkey. When we were at the store we were looking at both beef and turkey, and in comparison, the beef had 14g of fat and the turkey only had 4g of fat. Based on that information, it was easy to make a choice. This is a great recipe to use for finger food at a party its simple and quick to make.
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons white flour
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to375 degrees
2. Using a fork, mix together the Bisquick with 2/3 cup milk until a soft dough forms.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and also use the flour to keep the rolling pin from sticking.
4. Roll this out to a rectangle shape as best as you can, to about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Slice the rectangle lengthwise, and then cut small triangle shapes.
6. Lay the little smokie on the large end of triangle, and then roll.
7. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and place in oven till golden brown.(about 10-12 minutes)
Procedure for cheese sauce:
1. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
2. Mix together the milk and flour till combined.
3. Over med/high slowly whisk or stir until smooth and it thickens, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until all melted.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.