This was passed down to me from my mother. This recipe was her childhood favorite that originated from the cold winters of Minnesota. All I can say is that it is YUMMY!
It’s also quick and easy. As easy as a grilled cheese sandwich.
Bread- whatever kind you desire. From white to hearty wheat, they all work.
Marshmallow cream- Regular marshmallows, large or small can also be used.
Butter or margarine, softened.
- Heat your skillet or large pan to a medium heat.
- Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread. Use a thin to medium spread.
- Spread the marshmallow cream over the peanut butter. Again, adjust to desired amount.
- If you use small marshmallows, just lay those over peanut butter.
- If you use large marshmallows, slice in half and place those over peanut butter.
- Spread softened butter or margarine on second slice of bread and place on top.
- Place the sandwich buttered side down on skillet.
- Gently butter the other top while its cooking in the pan.
- Flip when bottom is golden brown and continue until second side is toasted.
- Place on plate and slice in half.
Serve with plenty of napkins ~ its gooey delicious!