This was a fun recipe to make. When I started with the lemon sauce, the amazing smell really came to life. When I was frying the chicken, I actually caused a tiny fire to start, so please always be very careful when frying with oil. Never let your oil get too hot it smokes and watch if it should spill or splatter over the pan onto the hot cooking surface, which will cause a flame. If that does happen, pour soda over it.
Back to the super delicious recipe…… My first bite, I was like “Oh my gosh, these are amazing!” The lemon in the buttermilk mixture gave the chicken a little kick of lemon flavor, and the chicken is great this way. But the best part is the lemon sauce that you drizzle over your chicken, or you can dip it in the sauce. Mouth watering. This recipe is a must try for everyone! Kids and adults will love these, I guarantee it.
- 1 Jar (10 ounces) Lemon Curd
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Grated Lemon Peel
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Cornstarch
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chick Breast
- Vegetable Oil
- Thaw the Chicken and cut into strips.
- Combine lemon curd, chicken broth, ginger, and soy sauce in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until lemon curd has dissolved.
- In a shallow bowl or pan, combine flour and cornstarch.
- in another shallow bowl combine the buttermilk and the lemon peels.
- In a large skillet heat oil.
- Dip the chicken into the buttermilk mixture.
- Then roll chicken into flour mixture.
- Once oil is warm place a few strips of chicken into the oil, and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side or till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon sauce over the top of the chicken strips.