This bread tastes amazing. I came home from work last night and the house smelled of something so delicious; I found my mom was making lemon blueberry bread. She was so excited; this was the first recipe she came up with all on her own. I was so proud of her; she never even called me once asking about measurements or any other baking questions.
The strudel crumb topping gives this bread a great crunch on the top layer, with just the right sweetness. The bread also is complimented by the lemon that wakes up your taste buds. Enjoy this bread with coffee as your morning breakfast. Berries are the best thing you can eat for breakfast, and this is a good and tasty way to get them. 🙂
Everyone must try this bread; trust me, you won’t want to stop eating it.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place parchment paper into a 9 X 5 loaf pan, or butter and flour a pan.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a mixer.
- Sift the salt, soda and baking powder into the flour, then slowly mix this into the rest of the batter.
- After rinsing the blueberries, give them a quick toss with some flour to coat them.
- Gently stir the blueberries into the batter. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl. It will be slightly crumbly.
- Place this crumb topping over the batter.
- Bake for about one hour.
- Check to make sure it is completely baked with a toothpick. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool in pan about five minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice and serve.