Ginger is great for everything, from your health to your food. I love ginger, its one ingredient I couldn’t live without, and you shouldn’t either. These cookies are soft a chewy, and have just the right amount of spices to make an amazing taste.
1/4 cup Molasses
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Shortening
2 1/4 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/4 teaspoons Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the molasses, sugar, and shortening till smooth.
3. Add the Egg.
4. Combine the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. On slow speed add till all combined.
5. On low speed add in the flour.
6. Wrap the dough and place in refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
7. Remove dough from refrigerator, and form in the balls.
8. Dip just one side of the balls in granulated sugar, and place on cookie sheet.
10. Bake for about 12 minutes.