Enchilada Pie is always a big hit. It’s always nice to hear the compliments 🙂 and then asked repeatedly for the recipe. I made this the other night for a large crowd, and so I just doubled the recipe and made two. This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients. The chili powder gives it that “kick” yet it is not overpowering, it is just enough spice to make you want to take another bite. Serve with some sour cream on the side to help cool the palate for those with more sensitivity to spicy foods. This recipe takes about five minutes to put together once you have browned the meat and onions, and then 20 minutes in a hot oven, and dinner is on the table!
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 can (8 oz.) Tomato Sauce
6 Corn Tortillas
Butter or Margarine
1 can (4 1/2 oz.) Chopped Black Olives
1 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop the onion.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onion.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, and tomato sauce.
- Spread each tortilla with butter.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of buttered tortillas, meat sauce, olives and cheese.
- Add water to dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.