Spice up the ordinary cookies with a bit of Whiskey. If you don’t have Crown Royal you can substitute it for a whiskey you prefer or have on hand. When the cookies bake, the liquor will evaporate, but don’t worry, you will still taste the great flavor of it.
When making these cookies, the dough will been moist and sticky, but don’t add more flour, it will make the cookies more like a cake consistency then what they should be. When forming the dough into balls use white sugar on your hands to help with the stickiness, rather then flour or powdered sugar.
1/2 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Crown Royal Whiskey
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter, cocoa powder and sugar.
- On low speed, add one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla
- Mix in the Crown Royal whiskey.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt till all combined.
- Form 1 tablespoon size balls, and place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on rack.