Semi home made salad, the only thing store bought is your dressing. Everyone loves a Caesar salad, this salad is quick to make and can be ready in 45 minutes. I made my croutons for this dish and it added that extra crunch and it was nice to say I made these when I served the salad. There is nothing better then homemade. This is a great dish to serve with spaghetti or lasagna.
This popular dish was originally created in 1924 by Italian chef Caesar Cardini at his restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico. When is comes to Caesar salad, a lot of people think anchovies but Cardini was opposed to using anchovies in his salad, that is one reason why I love to use Cardini dressings.
4 boneless chicken breast
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups Cardini Caesar dressing
4-5 Romaine lettuce hearts
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Over medium high heat in a saute pan drizzle the vegetable oil and cook chicken, with the garlic till fully cooked.
- Take off heat and place in refrigerator.
- Wash the lettuce, dry, and cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl place the lettuce, chicken, and croutons.
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing and combine all together.