Semi home made salad, the only thing store bought is your dressing. Everyone loves a Caesar salad, this salad is quick to make and can be ready in 45 minutes. I made my croutons for this dish and it added that extra crunch and it was nice to say I made these when I served the salad. There is nothing better then homemade. This is a great dish to serve with spaghetti or lasagna.
This popular dish was originally created in 1924 by Italian chef Caesar Cardini at his restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico. When is comes to Caesar salad, a lot of people think anchovies but Cardini was opposed to using anchovies in his salad, that is one reason why I love to use Cardini dressings.
4 boneless chicken breast
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups Cardini Caesar dressing
4-5 Romaine lettuce hearts
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Over medium high heat in a saute pan drizzle the vegetable oil and cook chicken, with the garlic till fully cooked.
- Take off heat and place in refrigerator.
- Wash the lettuce, dry, and cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl place the lettuce, chicken, and croutons.
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing and combine all together.
Enchilada Pie is always a big hit. It’s always nice to hear the compliments 🙂 and then asked repeatedly for the recipe. I made this the other night for a large crowd, and so I just doubled the recipe and made two. This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients. The chili powder gives it that “kick” yet it is not overpowering, it is just enough spice to make you want to take another bite. Serve with some sour cream on the side to help cool the palate for those with more sensitivity to spicy foods. This recipe takes about five minutes to put together once you have browned the meat and onions, and then 20 minutes in a hot oven, and dinner is on the table!
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 can (8 oz.) Tomato Sauce
6 Corn Tortillas
Butter or Margarine
1 can (4 1/2 oz.) Chopped Black Olives
1 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop the onion.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onion.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, and tomato sauce.
- Spread each tortilla with butter.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of buttered tortillas, meat sauce, olives and cheese.
- Add water to dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
I love pretzels, it used to be one of my favorite reasons to go to the mall, I would always stop by the pretzel shop. 🙂 This is a simple recipe and they are pretty easy to make. Right at first I had a hard time making them into pretzel shapes, but once you do a couple, you will get the hang of it. Give them a try! Wow your friends with homemade pretzels. I seasoned some with salt, and made of few sweet ones sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.
3 3/4 cup Flour
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 package of fast-acting Dry Yeast
1 1/2 cups Water
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water
2 teaspoons Soda
- Heat 1 1/2 cups water over medium heat until 125 degrees F.
- While water is warming up, in a large bowl, combine the 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast till all combined.
- Add the warm water and the oil to the dry mixture, beat with a mixture for 1 minute on low speed.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Stir in the remaining flour until dough is soft, forms a ball and lifts off the side of the bowl.
- Lightly sprinkle flour over cutting board, place the dough in center of flour.
- Knead the dough by folding towards you, then with the heels of your hands, pushing dough away from you with a rocking motion. Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Form dough into a large ball and place plastic wrap or a towel over the dough and let rise for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray cooking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl combine the 1 cup water and baking soda (pretzel wash).
- Divide the dough in half, then in half again and 1 more times.
- With your hands roll the dough out into a rope.
- To make pretzel shape, form rope into a circle, crossing ends at top. Fold dough so crossed ends rest on bottom of circle.
- Stir pretzel wash, brush over both sides of pretzel, using a pastry brush.
- Place pretzel on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover pretzels loosely with plastic wrap. To make thin pretzels, let rest about 5 minutes or until very slightly puffed. To make thicker pretzels, let rise in a warm place 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed.
- Brush pretzels with pretzel wash and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 1 cookie sheet at a time 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets to a cooling rack and cool at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Who doesn’t love homemade meatballs? The first time I ever made meatballs was for a school project back in the 4th grade, we had to make little porcupines out of meatballs.
Meatballs are a great way to spice up any dish, from pasta to soup. Make them any size you like.
Meatballs are to quick and easy. You get to be hands on as you squish the ingredients together and then form the meatballs. It’s fun! This meatball recipe calls for simple ingredients for a simple and fast high protein meal. Substitute ground turkey for a lighter version. If you don’t use a fresh chopped onion, you can substitute with a Tablespoon of minced dry onion.
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
2/4 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 13×9-inch pain with foil, or you can use a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the meat, bread crumbs, milk, onions, egg, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Shape into balls, size you would prefer, place in pan 1 inch apart.
- Bake uncovered for 26 minutes.
- Check the largest one to make sure cooked all the way through. You don’t want any pink left.
These are a fun and easy way to make little pizza’s, even the kids will enjoy making them. There good for a afternoon snack or great for appetizers at a party. You can choose any of your favorite pizza topping to add on top.
8 English Muffins
1 cup Pizza Sauce
2 cups Shredded Provolone Cheese
Your choice of Toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the English muffins apart.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce over each English muffin half.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add your toppings of choice.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, cheese will be melted and muffins will have a little crisp to them.
- Let cool about 2 minutes and serve.
This was a fun recipe to make. When I started with the lemon sauce, the amazing smell really came to life. When I was frying the chicken, I actually caused a tiny fire to start, so please always be very careful when frying with oil. Never let your oil get too hot it smokes and watch if it should spill or splatter over the pan onto the hot cooking surface, which will cause a flame. If that does happen, pour soda over it.
Back to the super delicious recipe…… My first bite, I was like “Oh my gosh, these are amazing!” The lemon in the buttermilk mixture gave the chicken a little kick of lemon flavor, and the chicken is great this way. But the best part is the lemon sauce that you drizzle over your chicken, or you can dip it in the sauce. Mouth watering. This recipe is a must try for everyone! Kids and adults will love these, I guarantee it.
- 1 Jar (10 ounces) Lemon Curd
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Grated Lemon Peel
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Cornstarch
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chick Breast
- Vegetable Oil
- Thaw the Chicken and cut into strips.
- Combine lemon curd, chicken broth, ginger, and soy sauce in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until lemon curd has dissolved.
- In a shallow bowl or pan, combine flour and cornstarch.
- in another shallow bowl combine the buttermilk and the lemon peels.
- In a large skillet heat oil.
- Dip the chicken into the buttermilk mixture.
- Then roll chicken into flour mixture.
- Once oil is warm place a few strips of chicken into the oil, and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side or till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon sauce over the top of the chicken strips.
This is one of my grandma’s favorite things to eat. My mom and I went over to her house to make them for her and she decided to be part of the process and help. It was a challenge having all three of us in the kitchen, but we made it work.
When making pigs in a blanket, most people think to use beef for the meat. We decided to use Turkey. When we were at the store we were looking at both beef and turkey, and in comparison, the beef had 14g of fat and the turkey only had 4g of fat. Based on that information, it was easy to make a choice. This is a great recipe to use for finger food at a party its simple and quick to make.
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
1 regular package of little smokies, beef or turkey
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons white flour
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to375 degrees
2. Using a fork, mix together the Bisquick with 2/3 cup milk until a soft dough forms.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and also use the flour to keep the rolling pin from sticking.
4. Roll this out to a rectangle shape as best as you can, to about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Slice the rectangle lengthwise, and then cut small triangle shapes.
6. Lay the little smokie on the large end of triangle, and then roll.
7. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and place in oven till golden brown.(about 10-12 minutes)
Procedure for cheese sauce:
1. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
2. Mix together the milk and flour till combined.
3. Over med/high slowly whisk or stir until smooth and it thickens, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until all melted.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
1 pound Penne Pasta
3 cups Broccoli
2 cups Peas
4 tablespoons Basil
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 ½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Garlic Clove, minced
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1. Cut broccoli into small pieces.
2. Cut carrots into julienne slices.
3. Chop the basil
4. Boil water with salt as directed on the pasta package.
5. Add penne pasta to boiling water.
6. Steam broccoli for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes add peas, and carrots and steam for another 3 minutes. Then take off heat.
7. Wisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in larger bowl.
8. Drain pasta and add to the sauce mixture, and mix together, add the vegetables,and basil.
9. Serve warm.
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 ½ cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
When you don’t know what to make for dinner, the one best thing is to just flip through a magazine that has recipes in it or even just go to their website and you can browse the recipes online. Never just go to the store without a meal plan. That’s when you end up just buying a whole bunch of random stuff you think you can throw all together but then when you get home there will be something that you had forgotten. Always go with a game plan. The other night I was making dinner and I had just received the new Family Circle magazine and as I was flipping through the magazine I came across this recipe for BBQ Bacon Burgers. I decided to make it for my family and it turned out to be a great hit and everyone loved it. It’s quite easy to make and doesn’t take long at all, so try it out for your family. I know it will be a big hit and everyone will be asking for it again and
|Slices turkey bacon
||1 package (20 ounces)
|French’s fried onions
|Bottled barbecue sauce
|Ground black pepper
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Heat broiler.
- Cook 6 slices of the bacon in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat, 7 minutes. Set aside. Chop remaining 2 slices uncooked turkey bacon and place in large bowl.
- Add ground turkey, fried onions, 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce, the Worcestershire and the black pepper to bacon in bowl. Stir to evenly blend. Divide mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill hamburger patties for 6 minutes. Flip over; continue to grill an additional 5 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of burgers registers 160°. Meanwhile, broil English muffins for 3 minutes, turning once.
- To serve: Place a burger on each muffin bottom. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining barbecue sauce and 1 slice cooked bacon, broken in half. Add muffin top and serve.