I first had this Spinach Dip at my Uncle’s. I was reluctant to try it since I don’t usually go for spinach. Well, I am so happy he insisted I try it. Once tasted, you can’t stop wanting more. What a great way to get in some healthy nutrients. I made this for my brother and friend and was surprised at how much they raved about it too and finished it off in no time at all! This dip will last for as long as cottage cheese will last in your refrigerator. This is a great healthy snack.
2 cups regular or low fat cottage cheese
1 cup slightly cooked spinach (About 3 cups raw)
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
lime or lemon juice
- You will need a food processor or blender. I used a small Cuisanart Food Processor.
- In a medium pan boil water and add the spinach.
- Cook for just a minute, until the spinach is slightly softened.
- Drain and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the cottage cheese in the food processor and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with chips or veggies.
Most people have had store bought guacamole or restaurant guacamole. Did you know how easy it is to just whip up a fresh batch for yourself at home? This way, you know exactly what the ingredients are and that they will be fresh and chemical free. My mom showed me how easy it is to fix up some fresh guacamole and I was surprised at how easy and quick it was to make. You can pare down the amounts and just make a small batch for one meal or a large bowl for a large gathering. As you prepare it you will see how you prefer yours. Perhaps only a tiny bit of tomato, or try adding other ingredients instead, maybe olive oil instead of mayonnaise. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
5 Large Avocado’s
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Juice (about a tablespoon)
- Cut up the avocado’s in small pieces and place in medium size bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and adjust the amount of mayonnaise to the consistency you like, as it will depend on the size of your avocados.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with chip, use as a spread in sandwiches or as a side to Mexican dishes along with the sour cream.