After seeing blueberries on the cover of a magazine I had the biggest craving for them. So I found the article with the recipe and decided to make them one Moring for breakfast, they actually turned out to be one of the best muffins I have tasted. They are pretty simple to make and don’t take long at all it’s a good pick me up in the morning and they store well so if you decided to make enough to last you a week and store them in a container you will have a quick breakfast ready already for on the go.
|All-Purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Sugar||3/4 cups plus 5 teaspoons|
|Baking Powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 cup|
|Orange Zest||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Blueberries||1 cup|
- Heat oven to 375 Degrees F. Coat a standard size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour ¾ cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and orange zest. Pour the milk mixture into well in the flour mixture, and then sit just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, 1/3 cup of batter in each cup. If any of the slots are left empty fill then with water so all muffins bake evenly.
- Sprinkle each muffin with ½ teaspoon of sugar. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until crowned and lightly brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.