When you don’t know what to make for dinner, the one best thing is to just flip through a magazine that has recipes in it or even just go to their website and you can browse the recipes online. Never just go to the store without a meal plan. That’s when you end up just buying a whole bunch of random stuff you think you can throw all together but then when you get home there will be something that you had forgotten. Always go with a game plan. The other night I was making dinner and I had just received the new Family Circle magazine and as I was flipping through the magazine I came across this recipe for BBQ Bacon Burgers. I decided to make it for my family and it turned out to be a great hit and everyone loved it. It’s quite easy to make and doesn’t take long at all, so try it out for your family. I know it will be a big hit and everyone will be asking for it again and
|Slices turkey bacon||8|
|Ground turkey||1 package (20 ounces)|
|French’s fried onions||1/2 cup|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||8 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Heat broiler.
- Cook 6 slices of the bacon in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat, 7 minutes. Set aside. Chop remaining 2 slices uncooked turkey bacon and place in large bowl.
- Add ground turkey, fried onions, 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce, the Worcestershire and the black pepper to bacon in bowl. Stir to evenly blend. Divide mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill hamburger patties for 6 minutes. Flip over; continue to grill an additional 5 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of burgers registers 160°. Meanwhile, broil English muffins for 3 minutes, turning once.
- To serve: Place a burger on each muffin bottom. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining barbecue sauce and 1 slice cooked bacon, broken in half. Add muffin top and serve.